THE ROLE OF FISCAL DECENTRALIZATION IN THE FORMATION OF FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS LOCALLY
The purpose of the article was the coverage of the theoretical aspects of fiscal decentralization and clarification of the effects of Ukraine in the process of expanding the powers of local authorities regarding management decisions on the formation and use of budgetary resources. In the article the essence and role of fiscal decentralization, analyzes foreign experience. Systematized features of formation of financial relationships locally. It is shown that fiscal decentralization should not be limited to the redistribution of resources between levels of government, and should encourage local communities to build financial capacity and strengthen their self-sufficiency. Proved that fiscal decentralization in Ukraine not completed the following steps to start the process of strengthening the material and financial base of local communities must lie in the plane of the analysis results traversed phase of fiscal decentralization, identifying its strengths and contradictions, and the implementation of fiscal decentralization should be based on administrative territorial reform and a new philosophy of government
JEL: H 20
2. Uskov, I. V. Fiscal policy in the transforma¬tion of the system of local finance in Ukraine. Simferopol: ARIAL, 2012. Print.
3. Lysiak, L. “Conceptual foundations of fiscal policy in public spending.” Formuvannia rynkovoi ekonomiky v Ukraini 19 (2009): 358-64. Print.
4. Zymovets, V. “The structure of public ex¬penditure and economic growth: a theoretical perspective.” Ekono¬mika i derzhava 6 (2006): 17-20. Print.
5. Vrublevskyy, O. Reformuvanya terytorialnogo ustroyu ta mistsevogo samovryaduvanya. Kyiv: CSI, 2009. Print.
6. Kovbasyuk, Yu.V, et al. Local government in Ukraine: Current State and main directions of modernization Kyiv: NADU, 2014. Print.
7. Ukrainian dictionary. V.2, 1971. Print.
8. Payneko, Yu. Theoretical basis of self-government. Lviv: Litopys, 2002. Print.
9. Avalov, Z.D. Decentralization and self-government in France. SPb., 1905. Print.
10. Laryna, S.E., and P.A. Vysotskyy. “Models of the implementation of fiscal decentralization strategy.” Web.
11. Oates, W. E. “Of the evolution of fiscal federalism: theory and institutions.” National Tax Journal 61.2 (2008): 313–34. Print.
12. Tiebout, Ch. “A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures.” Journal of Political Economy October 64.5 (1956): 416-24. Print.
13. Musgrave, R. The Theory of Public Finance. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1959. Print.
14. Oates W. Fiscal Federalism. N. Y.: Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich, 1972. Print.
15. European Charter of Local Self-Government (1985). Web. <сonventions.coe.int/Treaty/EN/Treaties/Html/122.htm>.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)