BANKING SYSTEM OF UKRAINE: TERRITORIAL STRUCTURE AND CHALLENGES OF THE PRESENTATION
The article analyzes the quantitative indicators characterizing the banking system of Ukraine and its territorial structure. The analytical estimation of the number of banking institutions in Ukraine and the territorial structure of the network of commercial banks, in particular, the definition of the level of provision by the banking institutions of the western region and the identification of certain issues of national security of the country and the stability of the banking system connected with the nationalization of Privatbank, has been carried out. Novelty is to determine the level of security provided by banking institutions in the western region and to identify specific issues of national security of the country and the stability of the banking system. Practical significance is to provide concrete suggestions for improving these processes.
2. “On Banks and Banking Activity. Law of Ukraine.” Vidomosti Verkhovnoii Rady Ukraiiny, no.5-6, 2001, www.rada.gov.ua/ Accessed 25 Apr. 2017.
3. Kuznetsova, S. A. The banking system. Edited by S. A. Kuznetsova, Tsentr uchbovoii literatury, 2014.
4. Nitsenko, V. S., and V. S. Kuzʹmenko. “Trends in the development of the banking network in Ukraine of Ukraine.” Finansovyi prostir, no.1 (9), 2013, pp. 49-56.
5. Official website of the Association of Ukrainian Banks, aub.org.ua. Accessed 25 Apr. 2017.
6. Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine, www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ Accessed 25 Apr. 2017.
7. Official site of the National Bank of Ukraine, bank.gov.ua/Statist/index.htm.
8. Financial mechanism for ensuring sustainable development of socio-economic systems. Edited by L. I. Antoshkina, S. A. Navrotsʹkii, Vydavetsʹ Tkachuk O. V., 2016.
9. Ukrainian News Agency “Ukrinform”, www.ukrinform.ua/ukr/order/?id=1081144. Accessed 25 Apr. 2017.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)