SCENARIO PLANNING OF THE CUSTOMER ORIENTATION OF THE COMPANY
Customer orientation is a key factor for strong competitive position of the enterprise. This notion has become particularly relevant for gas utilities in recent years (due to the introduction of competition in the gas market). These changes not only forced enterprises to change their approach to operations but also demonstrated that even monopoly markets, which are used to complete stability, today will require significant reorganization and unpredictable changes. Scenario planning itself is crucial for the prevention and prediction of external instability.
An analysis of the development of customer orientation of the gas distribution company, substantiation of feasibility of implementation of measures for increasing of level of its customer orientation.
This scientific work formulates the definition of " customer orientation ", " customer orientation"; analyzes the current methods of assessing the level of client orientation; examination of the features of scenario planning as one of the basic technologies of strategic management; analyzed and evaluated the level of clientorientation of «Ivano-Frankivskgas» joint-stock company, create scenarios of development of the company's customer orientation, the efficiency of each of the proposed alternatives is investigated and the scenario of implementation of modern methods of training in the company as the most probable and effective alternative for the development of customer orientation of «Ivano-Frankivskgas» is outlined. On the basis of the conducted scientific researches and published scientific works the customer orientation, as one of the main ways for providing competitiveness of "Ivano-Frankivskgas" was determined.
For realization of the mentioned tasks analysis and synthesis methods, NPS index method, decision trees method, analytical and graphical methods, line forecasting method and method of scientific generalization were used.
The scientific novelty of the results are as follows:
- Application of methods of scenario planning for choosing and realization of ways of providing customer orientation of gas supplying enterprises is suggested.
Practical relevance of the results obtained has been further developed in:
- assessment of customer orientation of «Ivano-Frankivskgas» by means of the index NPS calculated based on the results of the questionnaire;
- development of scenarios of customer orientation development for «Ivano-Frankivskgas»;
- application of «decision trees» method for forming scenarios of customer orientation development of Ivano-Frankivskgas.
2. American Marketing Association Dictionnary. Customer orientation, www.ama.org/resources/Pages/Dictionary.aspx?dLetter=C Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
3. Vorzhakova, Y.P. “The use of customer-oriented approach in the formation of competition policy in printing companies.” Business economics: theory and practice: coll. materials IV International. scientific-practical conf. (October 12, 2012, Kyiv). Kyiv, KNEU, 2012, pp. 240–242.
4. Prodan, I.O., and Y.I. Riznyk. “Customer-oriented approach as a prerequisite for enterprise competitiveness.” BUSINESSINFORM, no. 1, 2017, pp. 308-312, www.business-inform.net/export_pdf/business-inform-2017-1_0-pages-308_313.pdf . Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
5. Romanchukevich, M.J. “Customer orientation as a tool for the formation of competitive advantages of the company economics and enterprise management.” Market infrastructure, Issue 21, 2018, pp. 165-172 WUNU, dspace.wunu.edu.ua/bitstream/316497/33237/1/30.pdf. Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
6. Khalina, V., and T.Vasilieva. “Structural and functional approach to the formation of customer-oriented enterprise development strategy.” Economy and Society, no.(22), 2020. doi.org/10.32782/2524-0072/2020-22-83 c.1-7
7. Khoroshova, Y.O. Development of customer orientation of the enterprise in foreign markets. Master thesis. Ternopil National University of Economics. Educational and Scientific Institute of International Economic Relations. Ternopil. 2018.
8. Shchyrin, Y., and O. Chernenko. “How to hear the level of customer satisfaction?” Marketing in Ukraine, no. 3,2018, pp. 28–30.
9. How to Improve Customer Experience: The Definitive Net Promoter Guide. cdn2.hubspot, cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/268441/file-220371862- pdf / eBooks / eBook__Satmetrix_Customer_Experience_Guide.pdf. Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
10. Amer, Muhammad, Daim, Tugrul U., and Antonie Jetter. A review of scenario planning. Portland, Portland State University, 2013, vol, 46, pp. 23-40. Sciencedirect, www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0016328712001978. Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
11. Stankovska, I.M., and O.V. Shiptur. “Development and training of gas distribution company staff.” Scientific Bulletin of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas (series "Economics and Management in the Oil and Gas Industry"), no.1 (23), 2021, pp.7-20. doi.org/10.31471/2409-0948-2021-1(23)
12. Questionnaire of JSC "Ivano-Frankivskgas", docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSflsFVLEByg4wXOg5bf322XgB8GzCXX7nr6rSd5KwHNqWsGrg/viewform. Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
13. “The lion's share of funds of PJSC "IVANO-FRANKIVSKGAZ" will be directed to the repair and replacement of gas networks.” Official site of JSC "Ivano-Frankivskgas". January 24, 2019, if.dsoua.com/en/for-clients/news/id/levovu-chasku-koshtiv-pat-ivano-frankivskgaz-sprja-32120. Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
14. "Ivano-Frankivskgaz Zbut" reminds: how to restructure the debt for gas. Interfax-Ukraine inform. agency. 2021. URL: https://ua.interfax.com.ua/news/press-release/708292.html. Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
15. Debbie Zmorenski. Increase Training to Improve Results. ReliablePlant URL: https://www.reliableplant.com/Read/29153/training-improves-results. Accessed 20 Apr.2022.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)