STUDYING THE CONFECTIONERY MARKET: IMPACT OF THE PANDEMIC AND WAR
The article presents findings of the research on the confectionery market. The goal of the article is to announce findings of the research on performance of the confectionery market under the impact of Covid-19 pandemic and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. While conducting the research, the authors used different general scientific and specialized methods of research. In particular, the inductive and deductive methods were used to study search requests by Google Trends. The method of economic analysis and comparison was applied for analyzing the confectionery market. The graphical method was used for visual presentation of the results of the confectionery market analysis. To make theoretical generalization and conclusions, the authors applied the abstract and logical method. The work supplies calculations on the market shares of confectionery enterprises in Ukraine in 2020. To study development of the confectionery industry, Google Trends was used to find out the dynamics of popularity of the key works, like “sweets”, “biscuits”, “marmalade”, “wafers”, “candies”. It is determined that dynamics of the requests on the confectionery market changes depending on the season: the number of search queries increases when it is getting colder outside and decreases when a warmer season comes. In geographical terms, the research identifies top three regions with the greatest number of requests on sweets, namely Volyn, Ternopil and Ivano-Frankivsk. The following two regions are Rivne and Lviv. The search request on “chocolate” is the most popular word among the other kinds of confectionery products. The least popular are “wafers” and “marmalade”. The work supplies analysis of the structure of confectionery industry in Ukraine and performance of the main actors at the market. According to the results, the most popular search among the Internet users of Lviv region is “chocolate” (35%), the next popular is “biscuits” (32%), the third position is taken by “sweets” (21%). The confectionery market of Ukraine is made by above 850 enterprises. Currently, the most popular are such producers as Roshen, АVK, Konti, Svitoch, Mondeliz.
2. Vlasenko, O.P. “Marketing technologies of identification of the consumer’s profile at the confectionery market.” ZNAU, ir.znau.edu.ua/bitstream/123456789/226/1/Vlasenko_O_The_marketing_technologies_identification_of_consumer.pdf. Accessed 21 April 2022.
3. “Research: what products are the most often bought by Ukrainians using courier delivery.” ua-retail, ua-retail.com/2020/05/doslidzhennya-yaki-produkti-najchastishe-kupuyut-ukra%D1%97nci-cherez-kuryersku-dostavku. Accessed 23 April 2022.
4. Zahrychanska, A.V., and V.Ya.Holiuk. “Analysis of the current confectionery market of Ukraine.” Actual problems of economy and management, v. 15, 2021, ape.fmm.kpi.ua/article/view/226703. Accessed 28 April 2022.
5. “Information and analytical report on confectionery markets.” Ufexpo, ufexpo.com.ua. Accessed 20 May 2022.
6. Razumova H.V., and O.V. Oskoma. “Confectionery market of Ukraine: analysis and prospects of development.” Accessed 21 April 2022.
7. Savchuk, I. “Analysis of performance of the main actors at the confectionery market.” National University of Food Technologies, pp. 58-59. NUFT, dspace.nuft.edu.ua/jspui/bitstream/123456789/22643/1/26.pdf. Accessed 21 April 2022.
8. Smahliuk, A.A., and A.O. Nadtochii. “Analysis of the confectionery market of Ukraine and prospects for its development.” Internauka (electronic journal), vol. 2, www.inter-nauka.com/uploads/public/158239613463 97.pdf. Accessed 13 March. 2022.
9. Nerpan, M. “Trends at the Ukrainian confectionery market.” Harchovyk, pk.harchovyk.com/ukrayinskyj-kondyterskyj-rynok-zahopyly-try-monopolisty. Accessed 21 April 2022.
10. Tobolin, O. “Analysis of the confectionery market of Ukraine: trends.” Koloro, koloro.ua/ua/blog/brending-i-marketing/analiz-rynka-kon diter skikhizdeliy-ukrainy-tendentsii.htm. Accessed 21 March 2022.
11. Trofymenko, O.O., and M.A.Zolotoper. “Economic and organizational principles of development of confectionery enterprises in Ukraine.” Modern problems of economy and business, vol. 24, 2019, рр. 165–171.
12. Bochko, O., Krykavskyy, Y., Petetskyi, K. Liekis, I., & B. Aleksandraviciute. “Study of the market of confectionary products in Ukraine.” Global Prosperity, vol. 1, issue 1,no.2, 2021, pp. 13-22.
13. Google Trends, trends.google.ru/trends/explore?date=2018-11-17%202021-11-17&geo=UA&q=%D1%88%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B4,%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BE,%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B4,%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%84%D0%BB%D1%96,%D1%86%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B8. Accessed 21 April 2022.
14 Google Trends, trends.google.ru/trends/explore?date=2018-11-17%202021-11-17&geo=UA&q=%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE%D1%89%D1%96. Accessed 21 April 2022.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)