SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN UKRAINE: PUBLIC AND CORPORATE ASPECTS
The current state of social and economic development in Ukraine is characterized by the need to develop and dissemination of social responsibility practices both at the level of companies and at the level of the business community and society as a whole. The main priority at this should be ensuring mutually beneficial interests of business and society. The main goals of business in the social aspect should be promotion of sustainable social development. Social responsibility of business foresees a certain level of development of an enterprise and a voluntary response to social problems of society, such aspects as compliance with ethical standards, balanced consideration of stakeholders' interests, participation in community development and adherence to the principles of sustainable development. The article examines the essence and peculiarities of development and implementation of social responsibility and corporate social responsibility, in particular, their levels, types of manifestation and measures of social policy in Ukraine. It has been found out that domestic enterprises mostly implement such elements of social responsibility as labor relations, human rights, labor protection, fair operating practices, environmental protection, and work with stakeholders (partners, consumers, and government agencies). The current state and problems of implementation of corporate social responsibility by domestic enterprises have been characterized. It has been established that corporate social responsibility is carried out in the following main forms: production of quality products and services for consumers; creation of attractive jobs, payment of legal salaries and investment in human capital development; unconditional compliance with legal requirements; building good faith relations with all stakeholders; taking into account public expectations and generally accepted ethical norms in business practices; contribution to the formation of civil society through partnership programs and projects of development. The directions of development of social responsibility of business in Ukraine have been substantiated.
2. EU Green Paper “Promoting a European framework for corporate social responsibility” (EU Green Paper “Promoting a European framework for corporate social responsibility”, 2001.
3. Kotler, F., and N. Lee. Corporate Social Responsibility. How to do as much good as possible for your company and society. Kyiv, Standard, 2015.
4. Lazorenko, O., Kolyshko, R., et al. CSR Manual. Basic Information on Corporate Social Responsibility. Kyiv, Energia Publishing House, 2018.
5. Saprykina, M.A., et.al. Corporate social responsibility: models and management practice: a manual. Kyiv, Fabovanyi Lys Publishing House, 2014.
6. Kolot, A.M., and O.A. Grishnova. Social responsibility: theory and practice of development: monograph, edited by A.M. Kolot. Kyiv, KNEU, 2016.
7. Romaniuk, M.D. “Social policy of Ukraine: modern strategy, regional priorities.”
Bulletin of the Precarpathian University. Series: Economics, no.10, 2014, pp. 3-10.
8. Romaniuk, M.D. “Social disproportions of Ukrainian society and social inequality of the regions of Ukraine: directions of reduction and equalization.” Bulletin of the Precarpathian University. Series: Economics, no.11, 2015, pp. 3-12.
9. Romaniuk, M.D. “Application of social audit in the context of socially responsible business.” Formation of market economy. 36 scientific works - Special issue: labor in the XXI century: the latest trends in the social dimension, innovative development. Kyiv, KNEU, 2016.
10. Gogulya, O.P., and I.P. Kudinova. Social responsibility of business. Kyiv, Publishing House of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine, 2018.
11. Zateishchikova, O.O. “Stages of formation of the strategy of social responsibility of business.” Business Inform, no.2, 2014, pp. 200-205.
12. Zinchenko, A.G., and M.A. Saprykina. Corporate social responsibility 2005-2010: the state and prospects of development. Kyiv, “Farbovanyi Lys” Publishing house, 2016.
13. “Strategy for promoting the development of social responsibility of business in Ukraine for the period up to 2020.” svb, www.svb.org.ua/sites/default/files/201309 _strategiya_ spriyannya_rozvitku_svb_v_ukrayini.pdf.. Accessed 1 Apr.2023
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)