SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF RESOURCE POTENTIAL IN THE FOOD COMPLEX
At present in the country, there is a certain decrease in the consumption of staple foods and calories of the daily diet. In these conditions, the problem of reproduction of natural resources in the food complex from the point of view of sustainable development and efficient use of the agrarian resource potential of the environment is urgent. Assessment of the dynamics of the development of the grain subcomplex of the food complex for rationalization of the structure of grain production and efficient use of the agricultural resource potential of the environment is possible through the evaluation of macroeconomic indicators. Dynamics of quantitative ratios between the gross domestic product of the state and the production of the agrarian sector over a certain period shows an increase in the volume of the gross product per person. The share of agricultural production in the gross product is decreasing steadily, which shows a change in priority types of production.
Trends in the development of the natural resource potential of the country's food complex show a decline in agricultural land. In recent years, only the acreage of sunflower, which is a priority export crop, has increased. Strategic direction of crisis resolution may be restructuring of grain subcomplex of processing industries of food complex based on effective utilization of agrarian resource potential of environment. Ukraine has a strong agrarian natural- resource potential due to its favorable economic and geographical position, and there are powerful markets for food and raw materials (EU countries, Russia, China).The depletion of the consumer basket of the able-bodied population in the country against the backdrop of a decrease in the share of agricultural production in the gross product demonstrates a change in priority types of production. At the same time, the reduction of agricultural land area occurs with a constant increase of sunflower acreage, which provokes an imbalance in the activities of the domestic food and processing industry. However, consequently, further reduction of consumption and caloric content of the daily diet, reorientation of food and processing industries to imported raw materials, further decline of domestic agriculture.
2. Borshchevskyi, P.P., Cherniuk, L.H., and I.D. Yakushyk. Naturemanagement in the agricultural complex of Ukraine (territorial aspect)], RVPS Ukrainy NAN Ukrainy, 1998.
3. Herasymchuk, Z. V. Regional policy on sustainable development: theory, methodology, practice, Nadstyria, 2008.
4. Druhak, V. M. “Sustainable land use as an ecological and economic component of sustainable development of society.” Problems of ecologosustainable development, 2006, pp. 106–112.
5. Zerkalov, D. V. Problems of ecology of sustainable development, Osnova, 2013.
6. Deineko, L.V. The development of the food industry in the context of market transformations: problems of theory and practice, Znannia, 2008.
7. Lysetskyi, A.S., Bozhenar, V.Ya., and B.M. Danylyshyn. Ukraine: Problems of stabilization and sustainable development of productive forces of agrarian sector of economy, ZAT “Nichlava”, 1997.
8. Fundamentals of sustainable development, ed. Melnyk L.H., VTD “Universytetska knyha”, 2005.
9. Orobets, I. “Historical-genetic approach in research of evolution of concept of sustainable development.” Bulletin of the Kiev National University them. Taras Shevchenko, no. 8, 2015, pp. 98-101.
10. Palamarchuk, V.O., Mishenina, Ye.V., and P.I. Koreniuk. Ecological-economic and social essays on environmental economics, ed. Palamarchuk V.O, Porohy, 2004.
11. Paskhaver, B. “Food pricing priorities.” Economy of Ukraine. no. 4, 2003, pp. 4-11.
12. Smorzhaniuk, T.P. “Sustainable development in the context of globalization and its components.” Economic innovation , vol. 53, 2013, pp. 253-260.
13. Shevchuk, V. Ya. Macroeconomic problems of sustainable development, Heoprynt, 2006.
14. Forming a system of natural resource management mechanisms in terms of european integration processes, ed. Khvesyk M.A., DU IEPSR NAN Ukrainy, 2017.
15. “Gross domestic product (1990-2017).” Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy, ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2005/vvp /vvp_ric/vvp_u.htm. Accessed 18 Sept. 2019.
16. “Gross regional product (2004-2018).” Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy, ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2008/vvp/vrp/vrp2018_u.xls. Accessed 18 Sept. 2019.
17. “Agricultural production in constant prices.” Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy, ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2017/sg/pro_sg /pro_sg_2017p.zip. Accessed 18 Sept. 2019.
18. “Crop production (1990-2018).” Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy, ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2006/sg/sg_rik/sg_u/rosl_u.html. Accessed 18 Sept. 2019.
19. Treisi, M. Agriculture and food in the economy of developed countries, Ekonomycheskaia shkola, 1995.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)