INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND THEIR ROLE IN IMPROVING THE EFFICIENCY OF ORGANIZATION OF THE HOTEL AND RESTAURANT BUSINESS
The article examines the essence of international information systems and technologies in the hotel and restaurant sphere. The need to integrate software into the operation of hotel complexes and restaurants as a basis for the formation and strengthening of competitive advantages for business entities in the rapidly growing market of hotel and restaurant services is substantiated.
The role and features of the use of individual tools of international information technologies and systems in the hotel and restaurant business are highlighted. Information and communication facilities, components and tools that enable the storage, access, monitoring, processing and transmission of information in digital form are described.
The essence of international information technologies and systems, their components for the development of the hotel and restaurant sphere, is revealed; the place and role of information and software in the activities of enterprises of the hotel and restaurant industry is defined; the mechanism of the formation of competitive advantages of economic entities due to the effective implementation of the customer relationship management system in their activities was identified; recommendations on the use of advanced tools, means and methods of information systems and technologies in the work of enterprises in the hotel and restaurant sphere are presented.
The specifics of the application of information technologies that allow optimizing the management of business processes in hotels and restaurants are characterized, such as: information technologies that allow optimizing managerial activities in hotels and restaurants (computer systems of centralized hotel management, internal service management systems that ensure service efficiency customers, technologies for notifying about the availability of rooms, information systems that ensure the processes of ordering dishes in restaurants); service information systems and technologies (CRM systems and global reservation systems); information systems and technologies used in Internet marketing.
The most popular and downloaded programs in the hotel and restaurant industry in the world according to the results of 2022 are described. The most common trends in information systems and technologies in the hotel and restaurant business have been identified, including mobile technologies (mobile applications, chatbots, virtual queues, QR codes for menus), contactless payments, the Internet of Things, robots, and virtual tours. The use of information and communication technologies at temporary accommodation and catering enterprises in Ukraine is analyzed.
2. “Internet of Things, IoT.” it.ua, www.it.ua/knowledge-base/technology-innovation/internet-veschej-internet-of-things-iot Accessed: 09 February 2023.
3. Humeniuk, V., Kaziuka, N., Malaniuk, T., Vivsiuk, I., & Betlej A. “International hotel and tourism business: anti-crisis management aspects.” Financial and Credit Activity: Problems of Theory and Practice, no. 1(42), 2022, pp. 493–501. doi.org/10.55643/fcaptp.1.42.2022.3738
4. Humeniuk, V., Kaziuka, N., and Y. “SheketaSocio-Demographic Factors influencing the Sustainable Development of Carpathian Euroregion: Case of Tourism Development.” Grassroots Journal of Natural Resources, no. 4(1), 2021, pp. 106-122. doi.org/10.33002/nr2581.6853.040108 Accessed: 09 February 2023.
5. “IOT, OR THE INTERNET OF THINGS - WHAT IS IT?” hub.kyivstar, hub.kyivstar.ua/news/iot-abo-internet-rechey/ Accessed: 09 February 2023.
6. Internet of Things (IoT). deps.ua/ua/katalog/iot.html Accessed: 09 February 2023
7. Kizyun, A. G. “Trends in the development of information technologies in international tourism in the era of integration processes.” Black Sea Economic Studies, no. 74, 2022, pp. 256-260, ir.vtei.edu.ua/card.php?id=27625 Accessed: 09 February 2023.
8. Kozlovsky, E. “The main areas of application of information systems and technologies in tourism.” Bulletin of the Kyiv National University of Culture and Arts. Series: Tourism, no. 3(1), 2020, pp. 128–136. doi.org/10.31866/2616-7603.3.1.2020.207516 Accessed 02/09/2023.
9. Official website of AirAsia, support.airasia.com/s/article/How-do-I-use-AirAsia-Virtual-Allstar-AVA?language=en_GB Accessed 09 February 2023.
10. Official website of JetBlue Airways, cutt.ly/X9TGtSZ Accessed 09 February 2023.
11. Official website of Walt Disney World Resort, dvcrequest.com/information/videos-virtual-tours Accessed 09 February 2023.
12. Official website of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine, www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ Accessed 09 February 2023
13. Official website of the Hilton company, www.hilton.com/en/ Accessed 09 February 2023.
14. Official website of Southwest Airlines, www.southwest.com Accessed 09 February 2023.
15. Official website of ARIA Resort & Casino, www.guestreservations.com/aria-resort-casino/booking?gclid=CjwKCAiAioifBhAXEiwApzCztil0QjXjDcJIXGnvR_XrbNHdX-XFFYbFMu0l3f98XCWE4mQvX3mBgxoC2E8QAvD_BwE. Accessed 09 February 2023.
16. The official website of the Harry Potter Store, harrypottershop.com/ Accessed: 09 February 2023.
17. Official website of Shorty's Mexican Roadhouse restaurant, shortysmex.com. Accessed: 09 February 2023.
18. Pogasii, S. O., Krasnokutska, Yu. V.,and I. V.Nikitina. “Analysis of the main trends in the development of the hotel services market.” Problems and prospects of entrepreneurship development, no. 23, 2019, PP. 180-191, ppb.khadi.kharkov.ua/article/view/186317. Accessed 09 February 2023.
19. Statistical Yearbook of Ukraine for 2021. Kyiv, 2022.
20. “What surprises the Olympics-2022. Robots, sleep capsules and health diaries.” bbc, www.bbc.com/ukrainian/news-60245000. Accessed 09 February 2023.
21. “What is the Internet of Things?” iot.lviv, iot.lviv.ua/shcho-take-internet-rechey/ Accessed 09 February 2023.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)